Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ben harper top ten

Usually I am not into making top ten lists but as I was challenged to do so by Anaru and Gus then I thought I had better do one. Here are my top ten Ben harper tracks. I would include his cover of "The drugs don't work" but I assumed that I would not be allowed to include it.

10. Faded (will to live)
9. Take my hand (BH and the blind boys of Alabama)
8. Amen Omen (diamonds on the inside)
7. Pleasure and pain (welcome to the cruel world)
6. Pictures of Jesus (BH and the blind boys of Alabama)
5. Diamonds on the inside (Diamonds on the inside)
4. Waiting on an Angel (Welcome to the Cruel World)
3. The lords arms (Burn to shine)
2. Forever (Welcome to the cruel world)
1. Beloved one (Burn to shine)

Here is my top 10 Oasis list.

10. Don't look back in anger
9. None awarded
8. None awarded
7. None awarded
6. None awarded
5. None awarded
4. None awarded
3. None awarded
2. None awarded
1. None awarded

12 comments:

beetlebum said...

How can you possibly include Don't Look Back in Anger in your Oasis top 10?? otherwise its pretty solid. lol

Nice Harper 10 though, I wasn't sure about live albums either, but the tracks I included in mine from "There will be a Light" were based on the live album - Live at the Apollo. Also my inclusion of Brown Eyed Blues is also based on the live EP rather than the LP version.

heenhade said...

Yeah there are some great live versions. In some ways I like is live version of Beloved one better too. There are just SO many AMAZING oasis songs it almost makes me cry so I didn't know where to start!! They are gods!! OOh I love you Liam and yes you are bigger than the beatles!And soooo much more original!!Oooh! You are the greatest front man ever Liam!! You saved rock Liam!! Carry on hitting that tambourine Liam!!!!

beetlebum said...

hey he kinda plays guitar too now!

And he named his son after Ringo... or was Paul? Yoko?

you do realise Angus is gonna rain the thunder down on you now? He's a little sensitive about the steady downward spiral since Definitely Maybe.

gus said...

*angus is unable to post as he is currently on a flight to NZ to lay the smack down on chris*

heenhade said...

I wonder if gus is going to hit me with a tambourine? Like any good Oasis fan he turns to violence. Poor boy.

beetlebum said...

Well he won't be hitting you with Platinum discs - I dont think they have too many of those anymore?

heenhade said...

Good point. Or maybe he will hit me with the bag of glue that Liam was sniffing before he got famous off his older brothers ideas.

gus said...

well I know I wont be attempting a round house kick...

listen to you Andrew, all about selling albums is it? *tut tut*

you stepping up for a Radiohead top 10 chris?

beetlebum said...

Run along and listen to your 10 minute "anthems" gus!

heenhade said...

Feel like a sandwich Gus?

I don't know if I will attempt a Radiohead top ten as I probably couldn't name ten of their songs off by heart! Shamefull I know I have no right to call myself a fan.

gus said...

I thought two non-classical top tens was your limit.

beetlebum - I look forward to your blog about getting a golden :-)

beetlebum said...

No no son - its only you that runs yourself out without even facing a ball