Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Touch my ring again Sam and I'll cut your face off!

Apparently Mr Angus has a favourite film called "Lord of the Rings".
A tale of the ultimate piece of bling which no gangster can handle. Basically the plot can be summed up as so....Two Hobbits called Frodo (what is that short for?) and Sam postpone their civil union to set out to destroy the 'one ring'.
With the help of a thousand year old pot smoking wizard, an autistic dwarf, a male model and a guy who grew up in a
commune and learnt to ride horses, they set out on their ultimate quest. Eventually they come to destroy the ring at the only place in the world where it can be. The top of the chairlift on the most advanced run on Saurons ski field. However Frodo realises the commercial potential of the ring. (museum displays and lectures etc) and decides he will register as a sole trader and make money off displaying the ring so refuses to destroy it. Sam complains that there will be far too many problems with tax, such as provisional tax and points out that the first year is always hardest. It would be much better to chuck it onto the fire and write a book about their adventures called, "Here There and Everywhere - A hobbits tale." Frodo agrees but insists that he can think of a better title and comes up with "There and Back again-A Hobbits tale" Sam humours him but insists that they secure the rights to the story line as he saw what happened to Star Wars thanks to bloody J - no real middle name - Rowling. They return to the shire and settle down, where everyone lives happily ever after.

5 comments:

beetlebum said...

You missed out the bit where Sam bricks in Frodo's mouth!

heenhade said...

That is true I forgot that extended scene is on the special edition box set.

gus said...

Christopher Greenslade, my God you are certainly dominating the blogging world at the moment aren't you?!

Great post, nice drawing of me, though I don't think you quite captured the full "gayness" of me...it's hard to do....

so I guess I can look forward to a beetlebum sketch next yeah?! ... I'm so intrigued!

karen said...

Chris, you captured in pencil and words what I cannot... Truly an amazing picture of Gus.

And what a great summary of LOTR! Couldn't agree more

heenhade said...

Gus you are right I found it hardest to capture the gayness. It is like Mona Lisa's smile....a sort of enigma. Cheers Karen I do my best but was worried for a while what Mum and Dad would think I was doing with a photo of gus!! I'm not gonna lie to you, I loved every minute of it. But then you know how it is you married the cheeky little fella.